Rock Runners Trail Running Group
Interested in adding another element to your running? Get off the pavement and head out today to explore the beauty of trail running! Come explore and enjoy a little tranquility away from the hustle of the city!
Off-road running is good for the body and the soul. Trails don’t pound the legs, the uneven surfaces and hills build leg and lung strength, and they provide a close-up view of Mother Nature at her best. Our 10 week "Rock Runners" program teaches participants how to safely enjoy off-road running and introduces them to different local trails. Each of our coach and mentor supported runs offer workouts for participants of various abilities. Runners should enter the program capable of running at least 4 miles or more on the roads at a pace of 12:00/mile or faster.
Is this the program for you?
This program will be best for runners who:
- can run distances of 4 miles or more on the road
- want group support and encouragement
- want clinics from experts on topics such as fueling, hydration dressing for weather and product demos
- enjoy running with great people with similar goals
- don't mind getting a little dirty or LOVE it!
- want to embrace an unparalleled running challenge by tackling the trails
- appreciate that trail running is a great core stability workout
- don't mind running without worrying about mileage, time or splits
The Program Details:
- Trail workouts are held on Monday evenings at 6pm
- The group will meet at beautiful Rock Cut State Park (Puri Crest site initially)
- 8k, 16k, and Half Marathon options; pick your distance (longer distances can be discussed with the trail coach). The distance is up to you!
- Goal race TBD
Includes a groups specific t-shirt, Fleet Feet check in key tag, various demos and clinics, race discounts, unparalleled coaching, great running friends and incredible scenery.
Rock Runners Trail Group More Info »
August 29th with rolling admission
Mondays at 6pm
The Rock Runners Trail group a 10 week program geared toward introducing "road runners" to the DIRT! This is your chance to learn the ins and outs of trail running, enjoy the peace of being on the trails, and add a new element to your running. Already know trails? Join for help with increasing your distance and meeting new people!